Glad I spent my Saturday morning being discipled by these men. Investing in my future as a husband, father, grandfather, disciple, churchman, citizen.
(RW: Randy Wilson, FC: F.C. Collins, JM: Joaquinn Molina, BJ: Bishop Jackson)
GEMS (Top 14):
- There is incredible power in the spoken word. In Genesis 1 God spoke the world into existence. What worlds are my words creating? (RW)
- All success comes from tunnel vision. (Lion of Judah)
- The Crisis of Manhood – Immaturity (JM) — The opposite of a man is not a woman, it is a child. An immature man. Focused only on self.
- 1 Corinthians 13:11 — When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
- When a man’s thoughts are different than his words, he is a child. (JM)
- If you’re not tithing, you are still teething. (JM)
- If you have a wife, 3 children and 8 grandchildren and you are considering leaving your wife – you are a brat, an immature brat, a child. (Like athletes switching jerseys just for selfish gain. When no gain is needed.) (JM)
- In Exodus 4 God met Moses on the way and was about to kill him – Moses! Why? Because he did not circumcise his son. He did not mark his son. Am I marking my son, my daughter, my grandchildren? (JM)
- Adam knew there was male and female for every other thing on the planet, but he couldn’t do anything about a female for himself. He had to wait on God. (BJ)
- Taking my place at church. Do we depend on the women to make sure everything happens? That’s wrong. (BJ)
- Does my family understand – I’m not going to compromise my Christian faith, my value, my principles? Can they trust me?
- Grandfather must speak into the lives of grandchildren things that the parents don’t even know … yet. (BJ)
- Live so that my Band of Brothers will never have to say or think – I can’t count on him.
- Can God set his clock (if he has a clock) depending on me, that I will be there in my morning devotion chair at the appointed time? (BJ)
- Without prayer and scriptures, I’m playing the game without practicing. (FC)
- Taking my place in the home. My place of worship. My chair? I love to worship – to sing, praise, read. (BJ)
- Man in refrigerated box car overnight froze to death even though it was 60 degrees – because he thought it was below freezing. (RW)
- Cardiologist after trying everything else told the woman to tell her heart to beat. (RW)
- Power of the tongue (James 3:5-10). From a small spark corrupts, sets THE WHOLE COURSE OF LIFE on fire, used to praise and curse -should not be so, cannot be tamed by man (but can be by God) Sermon by Calvin Justice – Tongue Fire.
- Proverbs 18:21 —power of the tongue (words). “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me”. Total nonsense found on office walls and school halls.
- It takes more than 20 positive words to overcome one negative input. (RW)
- The language of the enemy is sarcasm and laughter at mistakes. (like we do with out children) Isaiah 5:20 (RW)
- The Priestly Blessing — Numbers 6:24-26 “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Use at every opportunity with children and grandchildren. (RW)
- Prayer for Children and Grandchildren Psalm 112:2 — Their children will be mighty in the land, the generation of the upright will be blessed. (JM)
- I don’t know anything except what God has shown me. Don’t have any words unless he speaks to me through prayer or the scriptures. (BJ) (It is the desire of my heart to be able to live saying “it is written”.)
- Wellington Boone — BAM — beat your wife By A Mile. In worship and serving.
- Make a list of what God says we are – “I Am” list. Print on posters and tape to children’s ceiling. For them to see as they rest there. For them to sleep under the pronouncements.
- 50th Anniversary (Sunday Worship Time) — pledge/covenant with family
- The Silver Box. Used for special occasions/milestones like birthdays, births, etc. The box is passed around the room/table and the person holding it speaks words of blessing, affirmation and encouragement to the person being honored.
- Early morning devotion. Get back to it. If not now, when?
- RealLife Men – It has to be our charge to provide this type of training. We have to bring solid, challenging teaching to move our men, stir them to become Mighty Men. To disciple them.
- Facebook Page – Frontliners Advancement
- Lion of Judah videos
- Celebrations of Faith – Randy Wilson
- Daddy’s Blessing – Randy Wilson
- Toxic Masculinity – Bishop Jackson
- What is a Man – Molina
Russell Justice, August 2020